Are you looking for a portable electric generator that can power your tent campsite without making too much noise? If so, then you should consider investing in a quiet generator for camping. Quiet generators are designed to provide power without creating unnecessary noise, making them the perfect choice for anyone who wants to enjoy the great outdoors without the distraction of loud machinery.
When shopping for a quiet generator for camping, it’s important to consider the wattage you need. Different models offer different wattages, so you’ll want to make sure you choose one that is powerful enough to meet your needs. You’ll also need to consider the noise level of the generator. Most models are designed to be quiet, but some are quieter than others.
Our top 3 Quietest Generators for Camping Picks
Camping is a great way to get out into nature and enjoy the outdoors. Unfortunately, electricity is normally the first luxury lost when you decide to stray off the beaten path. Bringing a quiet generator with you will make your stay that much more enjoyable.
We’ve all been on a peaceful trip soaking up the sounds of the outdoors only to have it interrupted by the whine of an overly loud generator by some neighboring campsite. When you’re ready to buy a generator don’t be that guy (or gal) by making sure you have a quiet inverter generator. Your tenting experience will be more enjoyable for you and your neighbors. We’ve highlighted the best quiet portable generators for every budget. Check out our electric list down below.
Best Value – The Quiet Briggs & Stratton P2400 Generator
If you’re looking for a generator right around 50 lbs, with the ability to boil a pot of water quickly but also run a theater projector so quietly that you don’t have to blast your speakers, look no further than the Briggs & Stratton P2400 Power Smart Series Inverter Generator.
- Super quiet with a Quiet Power switch which can be enabled to idle down the generator engine. Even when standing next to it the noise is extremely minimal.
- Quick start. The pull cord powers the generator quickly and easily without having to tug at it over and over again. No hard pull or strength needed.
- Shorter run time, averaging around 8 hours.
- No fuel gauge.
Most Economical – Generac 7117 Gp2200I W 50St Inverter
Amazon reviewer and commenter Mas puts it in plain english: “This thing is totally silent, so quiet we chained it to one of the blocks at our fireworks tent for we were afraid someone might steal it.”
- Provides plenty of power at a fraction of the cost of other name brand generators.
- Super quiet, even when running multiple items at once.
- Smaller tank and shorter run time. Depending on Watt output, on max output it can run about 4 hours, on a smaller output it can run 8-9 hours.
- No fuel gauge.
- No wheels, although the generator itself is only 46 lbs, with a full tank it can be a lot to lug around.
Most Trusted – Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt 120-Volt Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
Honda is a brand you know you can rely on. They have been a leading generator manufacturer for decades. With a powerful reputation that comes with the brand you know when you buy it you’ll be getting a quality product.
Honda Power Equipment has introduced the all-new EU2200i inverter generator, this model delivers 10% more power than the previous model. The EU2200i is perfect for many portable uses, including camping. Particularly because its main superpower is being super quiet. It is powered by the Honda GXR120 Commercial Series gasoline engine and includes a smartphone app for remote operation and monitoring.
- Because of the name brand, this generator holds value very well and can easily be resold on FB Marketplace or Craigslist for 70-85% of its original cost. This generator is very portable and always in high demand! The quality holds up well over the years too.
- Running two together can output similar power to a larger, more expensive, whole house unit.
- Features a fuel cutoff switch, which was not included in previous models.
- Can be altered to run off of propane and natural gas with purchase of the right kit.
- Would be nice if it had a built-in eyebolt to chain it up to a tree or post at the campsite to avoid theft. Although you can run a chain through the handle, this creates some counter productive muffled rattled noise.
- More expensive.
Common Items You Can Use With A Portable Generator
- Small Heater
- Portable Light source
- Modern Fridge
- Small Cooking Appliances
Each of these items will depend on the total wattage capacity of the generator but they all will work with a 2000 watt generator as a base line.
- I may receive money if a generator is purchased using the links above.